Caring for your lovely carpet is easy when you follow a certain cleaning process. Here’s what yours needs.
You bought a lovely carpet for your living room floor when you moved into your new house. By any standards, it is a stunning piece of work – thick and luxuriant, it adds glamour and elegance to your home.
But it is also the source of much heartburn and dismay. Your little children are always dropping food and juice on the floor. Sometimes, another member of the family trails dirt into the home. You are on constant vigil against dirt, spills and stains on your beloved carpet. There haven’t been any major hazards by now, but what if there are? If your carpet is irreparably spoilt, you might need to discard it for another.
The problem of how to remove carpet stains is compounded by thick, fluffy carpets that hide their stains better than others. So it might be a while before you spot an old dried stain – which might become impossible to clean at all.
How to remove carpet stains using Vanish
- Only a really clean carpet can show its stains even from a distance. So start your carpet care by vacuuming it first. This will help you dislodge dust and keep your carpet primed for stain removal whenever needed.
- Whenever there is a food spill or a mess made by your child or pet, get to work at once. Remove as much of the spill as possible using a paper towel.
- Now blot the stain with wet paper towel. Take care not to rub the stain or dab hard, or the stain will set into the fibres and become difficult to remove.
- Take Vanish Oxi Action Carpet & Upholstery Pre-Treat Spray and use it on the stain. Spray it directly and leave it to work on the stain for about five minutes. After this, the stain will be gone and the carpet can be washed as normal.
- If the stain was not removed completely with the Vanish spray, you will need Vanish’s carpet shampoo for the job. Add the product to the stain as directed to cover it completely. Here’s how you prepare the shampoo: Mix 1 part shampoo to 9 parts cold water and create foam from it. Apply the foam on the stain using a soft brush. Now allow the foam to dry before vacuuming away the residue. The foam takes the stain with it.
- in case you spot an older stain, take a capful of the Vanish carpet shampoo and pour it over the stain. Leave it on for about 5 minutes and then wipe with a clean cotton cloth gently.