Do you know that dishwasher you have bought can go filthy if not taken care of? Or you have already turned it into a mess? Well, it happens with every one of us and we have to understand that dishwasher needs to be cleaned regularly. Most of us think that it runs hot water and soap all the time then it should be clean but the food particles often settle down in the places where you cannot even imagine. It leads to the dirty dishwasher and funky smell which is not good for health.
It is not a hard task to clean the dishwasher. There are certain dishwasher cleaners available in the market as well but it is always good to give it some personal touch every once in a while. We have listed down a few points and steps which will help you in understanding the process.
You will need:
- White vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Baking soda
- Pieces of cloth
- Toothpicks and a toothbrush
- First of all, run the dishwasher and wait till it completes a cycle. Now remove all the trays and racks from the dishwasher.
- There are holes on the spinning arm. Check them first. If they look like holding some leftover food material, use the toothpicks to clean them. It may take a little time and patience so be prepared for it. These holes should be clean to ensure proper flow of water during the cleaning cycles.
- Now, check under the door of the dishwasher and see if there is any leftover material there. If it is not getting cleaned properly, disassemble it in your sink and use a toothbrush to clean it. Add a little baking soda on the toothbrush to make it shiny again.
- Next step is to clean the drain. You can use a toothbrush and baking soda to clean any clogged portion of the drain. You may notice some leftover food particles there. These food particles are the reason behind that funky smell. Clean it properly and rinse with warm water.
- Next step is to clean the seal of the dishwasher. It gets really filthy with time. Use a damp cloth soaked with water vinegar mix thereafter adding a few drops of lemon juice in it as well. It will not only remove the dirty stuff but will also remove the smell from the seal.
- Now check the racks and trays. If you see any food particles sticking to them, clean them properly. Wash them with warm water and let them dry.
- In case you see any rust stains, make sure to use dishwasher safe rust remover to get rid of those stains.
- The next step is to clean the exterior of the dishwasher. Use a toothpick to clean the buttons and sides of the control panel. You can spray a mix of warm water, vinegar, and lemon juice and then wipe it with a damp
It is important to clean the dishwasher once every month. The dishwasher is responsible for providing clean and safe dishes for your dining table. It is important to make sure that it remains clean and safe so that you can use it for a long period of time.