Have you given a thought whether should you clean your dishwasher? However, you weren’t sure how to do that by yourself. Do you have any idea about what will happen if you don’t take proper care of your appliances? You are dependent on your dishwashing machine daily. So, it’s important for you to do its maintenance on regular basis and by doing that, you can rely on your dishwasher for a long term.
Here are some suggestions for maintaining your dishwasher-
- First and most important thing is go through the user manual– When you choose to clean the machine by yourself, you will need to refer the user manual. You will get an idea which steps you need to perform during the cleaning process.
- Make a habit of cleaning the dishwasher periodically- You can ensure that your machine is running well by cleaning it regularly with a proper dish washer cleaner. Every day some food debris are left over that may lead to clogging which will ultimately lead to dishwasher not washing the dishes properly. If it is removed on regular basis, it will cause fewer problems in future.
- Run full cycle with empty dishwasher– It is a good practice to run full cycle without any load once in a month. Even wash the soap dispenser. Later on, you can use the vinegar for cleaning your dishwasher. Pour a cup of white vinegar into the bottom of a dishwasher and run through a hot-water cycle. It will help to clean the bubbles, earlier residue, grease, and dingy odor and will keep your dishwasher smelling fresh.
- Clean up the drain– With the help of guidelines from the manual, remove the bottom dish rack. This will help you in removing the junk or food caught up in that area.
- Do not make excess use of the detergent– Some people think that more detergent will give better results and thus, end up putting additional detergent. Extra detergent doesn’t make your dishes look shiny. Instead, this excess of detergent sticks on your plates. Use only limited dish washer cleaner which is specially meant for dishwasher.
- Do not overload it– By overcrowding the utensils in your dishwasher; you will notice that you are not getting satisfactory results. You can put the extra utensils in the next lot instead
- Inspect and give a touch-up to the racks– Clean the edges with a brush or toothpick. Normally, it is difficult to clean door edges and so, they have food or dust particles collected on them. Find if any rack needs touch-up paint. Dishwasher rack paints are available in multiple colors. You can find out one that matches your rack and order it directly from online sites like Amazon, eBay etc.
Follow these simple steps while carrying out your maintenance of dishwasher. It will help you keep your dishwasher happy and healthy and will run for a long time.